Thursday, April 28, 2011

Graduation Poem-1

Ben’jamin Dameron

The End:

I can’t believe its over; I watched the whole thing through,
Ten years fade, as I approach the immanent the epic end.
I am not leaving any friends, I am leaving family.
But I must know if I do in fact stay here
I want to know if I will see tears of blue
If this really is the last goodbye

How painful it is to say goodbye
To say it, the whole word through
I watch, I my mood will soon turn blue,
When I say goodbye at the end.
I will say it here
Here I say goodbye to my family

I say my family
I say “goodbye”
In the lonely month of June I say it here
The bad times as well as the good you have brought me through
But I must say goodbye, because I know it’s the end
And the tears will fall, pure and blue.

But let there be hope, for we do not melt with the tears of blue
As I look upon you all, my family
And I see the love, and no its not the final end
The end must begin with goodbye
In thick and thin we must still travel through
And it all starts today, here

I know goodbye is not what you want to hear
You do not want to be sad and blue
These hard times you do not want to go through
You do not want to leave your family
But that not what it is about: “goodbye”
It is about what happened in the beginning and what will happen, but not the end

When you lay helpless and dying in a land beyond ours, that is the end
But simply saying goodbye here?
It is just a effortless word “goodbye”
As simple as the word blue
No, we will stay together as a family
And this world we will go through

I say goodbye, but only to this stories end
Through many more stories we see, though maybe not here
There is no need to be blue, for we say not goodbye, for we are all family

No comments:

Post a Comment