Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Essay 14

Ben’jamin
Mr. H Salsich
English 9
9/2/11

The Prophecy:

That night, I had a dream, not like any dream I had had before. I saw many things to come, or so that’s what I thought. I saw my friends, loosing bad habits, and moving on to do great things. Some, deciding they weren’t ready to be out in the world yet, and remained under the sheltered arm of childhood, and still I saw further. I saw loved ones, progressing through life, some unaware of the impact I have made in their lives. I see some of the people in the world, becoming peaceful, living together, and some people thinking that they weren’t ready, and returning to the places they might learn to be better people, and still I saw further. The world grows smarter, and stronger, and slyer, but it still remains peaceful for all those in it. I did not see anything of me, until the end, and this was mistier, for it far, far into the future. I saw an old man, sitting on a dark, worn couch, being greeted by his children, and his grandchildren. I don’t know if this was me, but it looked like me, it looked like my house, and my family, but one can never be sure. Was I really seeing the truth? Was it wishful thinking? I don’t know, but if not me, and if not Connecticut, then somewhere and someone not so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment