Monday, January 31, 2011

Essay 13

Ben’jamin
Mr. H Salsich
English 9
31/1/10

Outline

TS List core values
CM Explain two
CM Explain two
TH Core Values come up a lot in life

TS Moral Courage in TOTC
SD French did what they thought was right
CM They took it upon themselves
CM They did not care what other countries thought
SD Mr. Carton died for Darney
CM He recognized his life was not as important
CM He was not afraid to die
SD Darney doesn’t want Carton to die
CM He knows he wouldn’t live with himself
CM He had to be drugged
CS Fills TOTC

TS Excellence comes into my life a lot
SD I try to give everything my all
CM I am a hard worker
CM I love the things I do
SD I take pride in the things I do
CM I am not ashamed of myself
CM Even if it is not the best
SD I don’t need to be the best
CM I am fine with who I am
CM I accept myself for who I am

TS Some pps core values come up again and again
CM Excellence comes up a lot in my life
CM MC comes up a lot in TOTC
CS They go deeper than pps core

Ben’jamin
Mr. H Salisch
English 9
3/2/10

The Human Core:
An Essay on People’s Core Values

Pine Point’s core values are: moral courage, excellence, respect, and integrity. Integrity means that you are the best person you can be even when no one us watching, and respect means that you respect everyone and everyone else’s belongings. Excellence means that you are the best person that you can be and you will do your best you can do, and moral courage means that you have the courage to do what is right all the time. These are Pine Point’s core values but core values are important and come up in everyone’s lives (echo).

Moral courage comes up a lot in Charles Dickens A Tale of Two Cites. The one issue is that not everyone’s moral beliefs are the same; for instance, the French thought it was morally correct to over through and eradicate all their leaders (apt. word). They took it upon themselves that they had had enough. They also did not care what other countries thought, in fact, they wanted to wipeout and consume other countries; they wanted to, “rise against the tyrants of the earth…” and historically, they declared war on the Austrians and the Prussians. Carton also gave his life so that Darney may live. He recognized that his life was not as imperative, not as significant, as that of his friend, Charles Darney (apt. word/echo). He believed it morally correct to let Darney live, and had the courage to give his life for Darney and the Mannettes. Darney also would not readily let Carton take his place at the foot of the guillotine. Carton is Darney’s friend and Charles knows that he could never live with himself if he had let one of his best friends die. In the end, Darney had to be drugged and as he and Lucie, the Doctor, Mr. Lorry, and Jerry Cruncher rode from Paris, he, “[] lie[d] [t]here, in th[a]t corner of the carriage…” Moral courage is really one of the main pieces and back bones of A Tale of Two Cities.

I think that excellence is very momentous my life a lot (echo word). I always try to give everything my all, and I never turn down a challenge. This has a lot to do with I love what I do; everything from my hobbies to my style of writing, I find joy in what I do. I also take a lot of pride in what I do. I am not ashamed in what I do. I am always proud of myself even when I am not the best, or the top of the pyramid. I do not find it necessary to be the best. I am fine with who I am in life because I know I have tried my best. I know and have accepted that there are people in the world that are better than me, knowing this, I have grown knowing I will not be the best, and therefore accept myself for who I am. I always try to do my best in my life, regardless of whether I am the best or not.

Even though Pine Point’s core values are Pine Points core values, they are key in everyday life (echo word). Excellence comes up a lot in my everyday life. Even in 1859 when A Tale of Two Cities was written, our core values were important in the form of moral courage. Really, the Pine Point core values go deeper than the walls and boundaries of our school.


Self Assessment

1. What is one issue I am continuing to work on?
I am working very hard to keep all my writing connected. Often, there will be one part like a chunk, or a sentence, or even a word, that sticks out like a soar thumb. I am just trying to make every word flow together.

2. What is one strong point in this writing?
I think that my strong point in this essay was the fact that I was ready for it. I spent a lot of time before hand getting ready to write it. Even after my outline was written, I spent time planning sentences I could use. I felt really prepared when I sat down at the computer because I knew exactly what I wanted to say?

3. What is one weak point you see in this writing?
Even though I was ready to write, I felt uncomfortable with the topic. I didn’t feel like I could easily pull six chunks out of it. I just felt like I had to force my soul out onto the paper, instead of just writing.

4. B

No comments:

Post a Comment